Sunday

A Mission to Ecuador: A Prayer for All

Just this week, I came back from a week long mission trip to Quito, Ecuador. My husband Pastor Dr. John Lake and other members of my church were included in this eight member team. This was my third trip to Ecuador with my first two mission trips being in Santo Domingo and this one being my first trip to Quito on mission.
 
Our eight member team was invited to encourage, teach, train and equip the saints of God from churches, ministries and Christian organizations within the city of Quito all the way to ingenious people on the gorgeous mountainside outskirts of the city.  My greatest joy is sharing and teaching about Christ, who He is and welcoming others to get to know him better and deeper in a one on one relationship with Christ Himself.  My joy was fulfilled as I was able to teach train and equip others in the topics and curriculum of Apologetics, Spiritual Disciplines, Fasting, Prayer as well as Scriptural texts and messages in Colossians, Psalms, Jeremiah and more.  The audience who participated included Ecuadorian church leaders, church members, Christians, teachers and non believers…all thirsty and hungry to know and understand Christ in a deeper way through sound Biblical teachings of the Bible and theologically sound views that are in line with the Biblical Christian Worldview.
 
One of my teachings to the women church leaders was an actual prayer for all those in Ecuador. So as Paul wrote a prayer to the people in the church of Colossi. I used his teachings to echo the same heart cry and my burning desire for hearts to turn to Christ for the Ecuadorians.
 
Much like Paul, my prayer is the same for myself and for you in Colossians 2:9-14:
1.  I do not cease to pray for you
2.  I ask in prayer that we will be filled with the knowledge of God’s will
3.  I ask that this will shall be done with all wisdom and spiritual understanding
4.  I ask that our walk in Christ is fully pleasing Him
5.  I ask that we will be fruitful in every good work
6.  I ask that we will be increasing in the knowledge of God
7.  I ask that we will be strengthened with all might according to His glorious power for His glory alone
8.  I ask that we can do this with all patience and longsuffering with joy
9.  I ask that we can do this giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light
10.  Thanking God for delivering us from the power of darkness and translating us into the kingdom of the Son of His love in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our sins
 
 
My dear friends…this is my prayer for all those in my home town here and in the surrounding communities I live, serve and also teach. 
My desire is that we can keep our self unspotted from this world ( James 1:27) and sanctify to Christ and Him alone.  So regardless of me teaching this message around the world to various people groups, this is something I pray for those in my own communities,  myself and loved ones. 
 
SEEK CHRIST! Cling to Him and Him alone.  He CAN be found!  But rather He has found  you!